2nd baby at 40 – too late?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Queenpoggychops Queenpoggychops 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Nicolene van der Vee Nicolene van der Vee 
    Participant

Hi all πŸ™‚
    I met my husband quite late in life and we had our first baby immediately after getting married. Now he’s 2 and we’re wanting to have another baby but I’ll be 40 if we get pregnant in the next few months.
    Any 40+ pregnant ladies or ladies that gave birth after 40?
    I just want to know I’m not alone and hear some stories/personal experiences.
    Thanks ladies!

Profile photo of Paige Paige 
    Participant

I had my one and only at 40. πŸ™‚ Before that I had 2 miscarriages and had decided that if I wasn’t preg on my 40th birthday, no more trying. Got preg a few months before. I had a difficult pregnancy (1st and last trimesters anyway) but that was just me and my body, probably not about being 40. Baby was fine, I recovered nicely, he’s 10 now and all is well! πŸ™‚ There aren’t any negatives as far as I’m concerned. One thing that’s kinda funny is talking to parents at school and realizing I’m 20 years older than some of them. :O

Profile photo of Lozzie Lozzie 
    Participant

I’m not planning on having kids in my 40’s, but it’s an entirely personal choice. If you feel that your ready and your body will allow it, there’s no reason why not. Don’t let anybody else tell you how old is too old. It’s entirely different for everyone. I have a family friend who didn’t have her first bub til she was in her 40’s due to some complications and now she has 3 gorgeous children and is an absolutely amazing mother to them all. You’ve just got to do the best you can with whatever life throws at you. I’m sure you’ll be able to make the right decision for you and your family 😊

Profile photo of flowercait flowercait 
    Participant

My auntie gave birth to her first and only at 42. Her pregnancy was fine, didn’t have bad morning sickness and didn’t find it too difficult. Labour was complicated and ended up with a c-section she also struggled with breastfeeding and had to give up. My cousin is now 8 and a healthy little boy. I don’t see the problem with older women having children, as most celebrities have babies later on in life, just make sure you are aware of the potential risks. Good luck!

Profile photo of JENIFER JENIFER 
    Participant

I am Jenifer am still sharing my testimony on what this great man did for me called Priest Onome of [email protected] , after i saw the result i promise Priest Onome that i must tell the whole world about how he help me to get pregnant after many years of bareness that almost want to break my home because i could not get pregnant for my husband, have lost hope in life until i heard about Priest Onome in the radio station on how he help women to get pregnant and i take a bold faith and give him a try, today am a mother , thank you so much Priest Onome indeed you are a real Spell caster , for more info. about this great man contact him via [email protected]

Profile photo of Claire Lee Claire Lee 
    Participant

Most of my mates and myself are older Mums. If you’re physically and mentally up for it don’t let a number put you off. Stay healthy, stay positive and do what feels right.

Profile photo of Boobsy LaRue Boobsy LaRue 
    Participant

My mum gave birth to my little sister at 47.
    Despite having previously had a C-section, she had a vaginal birth, no complications.
    Your body doesn’t know its age in years, it just knows what it can (or can’t) do.
    Don’t let a perception of age hold you back queen!

Profile photo of MeatballsMamma MeatballsMamma 
    Participant

I am 41 and pregnant with my second miracle. … Life is too short go for it. My no 1 miracle is 2 years old and he’s the best thing to happen to Me. Seriously go for it. If it’s what your heart desires go go go !! Wishing you lots of luck x

Profile photo of Elena Elena 
    Participant

I never knew people still have powers and make things happen this way. My name is Elena Alexandra, my Husband Alexandra left me for another girl for three months ever since then my life have been filled with pains sorrow and heart break because he was my first love , A friend of mine Stephanie told me she saw some testimonies of this great Dr. Luke Lele Spell Temple that he can bring back my lover within some few days, i laugh it out and said i am not interested but because of the love my friend had for me, She consulted the great priest on my behalf and to my greatest surprise after three days my Husband called me for the very first time after three months that he is missing me and that he is so sorry for everything he made me pass through. i still can’t believe it, because it highly unbelievable it just too real to be real. Thank you Dr. Luke Lele for bringing back my Husband and also to my lovely friend who interceded on my behalf, for anyone who might need the help of this great priest you can contact the great Herbalist and a spell caster on [email protected]

Profile photo of Fee T Fee T 
    Participant

I had our one and only little girl at 43. I had a perfect pregnancy, no problems. It is all about a positive mental attitude and making a few lifestyle changes in the run up. Check out Marissa Peer’s book about getting pregnant (sorry I can’t remember the title)but it very much emphasises that age is only a number. Good luck!

Profile photo of Queenpoggychops Queenpoggychops 
    Participant

Hey There πŸ™‚ For what it is worth I am prego with my 3rd due late May and I will be 41 in April. πŸ™‚ I was 21 with my first and 17 years later had my 2nd! I will be honest, at 21 I cruised through the pregnancy. I had morning sickness from woe to go but that was it. I was fit, and flexible and rocked it. At 38 I noticed a whole range of other symptoms from headaches, rancid indigestion where I was waking to mouth full of vom and possibly the worst symptom was a really aching and grinding pelvice for the last trimester. My Daisy’s birth was pretty ordinary as she was born with shoulder dystocia but this happens to 1 in every 100 births and nothing to do with age. So I am now just over half way and though I am no mother earth this pregnancy is cruising along like the others. My sister is 43 and prego with her 5th! She was told she couldn’t have anymore as she has had 2 oblations on her uterus. Her pregnancy is a miracle and a complete shock to all medical professionals. The risk is high to both her and her baby but she is doing remarkably well and her baby is in the 90th percentile for its gestation. She will have her baby in just over 8 weeks. Having a 3rd baby for us was the right decision. The desire, urge and want was overwhelming for us. We decided if we weren’t prego by Dec 31 2016 we were done, luckily for us I come from a family of fertile Myrtles and we were prego within 8wks. If you want that baby, and know in your Queen heart of hearts that you have room for nugget of awesomeness then get going sista!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account